Friday, December 26, 2008

Connections

I have absolutely no Internet connection here in Seattle. Well not one that is very reasonable so forgive me for not posting anything at all in weeks. This is a rare occasion and not an entirely appropriate one to be using the Internet, but I'll take what I can get.

Finished The Reader and it was amazing! I read it in a day, less than 24 hours for sure. It was very good and for you non-readers out there it was a very simple read so please attempt this one! It is translated from German so it's fairly simple language but it is such a beautiful story and one my favorite books now. I loved, loved, loved it.

It snowed in Seattle this year and was cute at first but I think is driving everyone crazy now (including me). I have developed a severe case of cabin fever and all I really do is walk to and from my temporary job and my house (it's only a few blocks, not a great journey).

I had a really good morning today having breakfast and hanging out in a book store for 2 hours hiding from the rain and killing time before work. I've missed that time. Random mention and very vague, but it was truly a great day. Books I SHOULD have bought due to their genius topics:

- Canadian Cuisine and Travel Guide
- Fashion Knit Sweaters (pictures from the 80's. Fantastic style all around)
- Toob of Animals (not a book, but who doesn't need a tube filled with plastic animals? Yes tube was spelled "toob")



Books I did buy:

- Prep
- Three Bags Full

Current Music Listenings:

- She & Him album, Volume One. I got it for Christmas and I really like it, though I had heard it before. Currently a fan and glad to have some new music.

- Tegan and Sara ablum, The Con. An oldie but a goodie. Not that it is that old of an album, but I've heard it a thousand times and still really like it and currently it's fitting my mood.





I have no idea when I will be able to post again...

No comments: