Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Day

Work schedule got all messed up yesterday, which as very frustrating. I always open on Saturdays and which means I have to be at work at 10:30 am which is not bad at all and I get off at 7:00 pm. My schedule rarely changes and I wrote down my entire schedule in advance to when I stop working, when I go back to Seattle for my winter break at school. However, I come into work slightly rushed because I thought I was going to be late because for some reason I hit every don't walk sign imaginable on the way there.

As I come in my co-worker goes, "You are an hour and a half early." Which was odd because I wasn't and then apparently the schedule changed
and no one told me. If you change the work schedule typically I would say it is good etiquette to call and inform the employ of the schedule change. I do check my schedule for any changes when I am there, but considering I am not there Monday through Wednesday I can't exactly always know what's going on! It was okay because I was early, but what if it happened again and I got a call saying why aren't you at work and I had no idea! That freaks me out. I hate being late and I hate being unprepared.

I was given the option of going home and coming back when my shift started (which was supposed to be an hour and a half later). If I went back home though it would take me 30 minutes to walk back and then 30 minutes to turn around and walk back to work. Other option was I could stay and work until closing and just work 10 hours. Given I could use the money I went for that option.

For some reason that day the topic of all employee conversations was boyfriends and I wanted to gag. Every single girl that works there wants to talk about their boyfriends and how happy they are, blah, blah, blah. Yes I am a bit cynical and bitter about the whole thing but if I have to hear one more time, "No One by Alicia Keys is the song we are going to play at our wedding." I am going to scream. Occasionally I will contribute by saying candid remarks such as, "That's great that you know that when you have been dating 3 months." I realize I don't have a boyfriend so that bitterness come up anyways, but even when I did I NEVER talked about that kind of shit. I didn't even talk about my relationships much period. Why does everyone always want to share every detail about this stuff?? It's like they are determined to force the whole world to see how stupidly happy they are. I get it, your happy and I think that's great, especially if your boyfriend is a legit good guy (if not it's worse because all I can think then is why are you dating this guy??). However, I don't need to spend 10 hours hearing about it.

Ended up working until closing and we closed but these two women were still there and would not leave! We can't ask people to leave either and these women wanted to try on everything in the whole store.

Eventually my boss let me go because I had been there so long, but I don't know how long everyone else had to stay. I was going to meet up with some friends, but changed my mind and went home to make some soup and work on one of the many papers I have. Not sure how productive I was, but I got a lot of the research for the paper done. Some how I ended up being up until 1 am doing this and when I look at all I got done, I think I really didn't do as much as I wanted. That was my day yesterday: nothing exciting. Finally got my free denim at work for winning the denim selling contest at work (sold the most denim for the east coast division, not bad). It's $200 denim which is the most expensive I own now, but I kind of wish I hadn't won it because honestly I don't like the way the denim fits or looks on me that much from my store. Oh well, it's free.

No comments: