Monday, August 22, 2011

Style Influence of the Day: 2004

Randomly found myself watching a few old episodes of The O.C. this weekend. Which reminded me, what the hell happened to Mischa Barton? We all know Rachel Bilson is still a fashion darling, but Mischa Barton went from style icon to hot crazy mess. You know I like a good hot mess sometimes, but not when there is too much crazy involved.

Mischa Barton's character on The O.C. had some great style moments. Even the not so great style moments made me a bit nostalgic for the fashion of 2003-2004. Those pleated mini skirts were everywhere (I think I had a plaid one). One of my favorite looks from the show was this Chanel dress she wore one episode. I couldn't find a better screen shot of the dress, but I loved the white sequins with the grey chiffon and the buttons in the back. The hemline had pleating too, but you can't see it in the photo. I've been on the hunt to find a better picture of the dress, so if anyone finds a picture of this Chanel dress circa 2004, let me know!

Here is a little tribute to Mishca Barton of 2004 when she wore everything right. I guess 2004 is my style influence of the day:






















Does she still have all those Chanel bags?

1 comment:

miya said...

she was totally darling before she became disgusting.